Friday 19 October 2018

I am paralised from the bust down

I am coming to terms with not feeling anything below. the hospital is great, the staff are brilliant, I have a hospital routine, I am under palative care which work hard every day to make sure I am not in pain and stay positive and comfortable. 

I am grieving the loss of my legs and have been having nightmares which keep me awake at night and then make me tired the next day, so mum, John and Sally are sleeping with me to help me cope, so no it is not all plain sailing , but I am positive and mentally strong.

Everyone is working very hard to get me home . The family are mentally snd physically exhausted
but once we get home things will be better.

I have  wheelchair  time every day to build up sitting outside the bed and I LOVE  IT.
But mainly I am bedbound, I HATE IT.


I never though this would be me being nursed, but  I am, so I am smiling and gratful for everyone around me.

1 comment: