Monday 12 June 2017

Moonwalk 26.2 miles. with a little help from my friends..

We completed the Moonwalk  (it is a midnight walk raising money for breast cancer . We all walked in decorated bra's, jungle theme) I aimed to do 13 miles but I did 26.2 miles  in 7 hours 20 min. We are a team Celia, Elaine, Mum, Sally and I. We all walked together and it was amazing to do it. It was hard and at 17 miles I hit a big wall and was in tears, aching all over, I was with Celia and she got me thought it, then the others only a few steps ahead, stopped for shoes laces, realised I  was struggling. Elaine gave me some paracitamol  and with everyone pushing me on I kept going, it was so hard, but mentally I was strong and very determined. We are a team and we work well together, supporting  and believing in each other each other . crossing the finishing line arm in arm is a moment I will never forget.
 I am so proud of the girls and it proves with great friends you can achieve anything.
Edinburgh is a lovely place
3 generations

waiting to go !!!

25 miles and near the end !!
 Saturday we walked up to the castle and had a lovely lunch. As the walk did not start till 11.30 at night we had the day to potter.
 We  had tea in the palace on the Sunday,  but with 2 hours sleep and aching all over I  think it was lost on me!!
 We did it,medals to prove it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment