Sunday 25 March 2018

i do get tired, but life is too short to slow down.

I do give in sometimes, I do get tired. The long bike rides takes me a couple of days to recover from, but it is worth it.  Swimming can make me itch, but 2 showers later, problem solved!!!
I have just read a book which is brilliant. Title. ' Life is too short to go ****ing slow'.  It is about a lady that does Ironman events and the person that inspired and encourage her would say the above words, he was also very good at Ironman events, the sad bit is he died of cancer , but fought it hard. This book made me sad, but it also made me smile and it did inspire me to fight on.   Us sport people are a hardy breed...

So today I went for a bike ride alone, Phil was ill and John went sailing. It was one of best bike rides yet, cycling 30 miles and I did not get lost, meet someone from Thornbury cycle club and chatted to her . She said I could join them, but I was well into my route so I stayed on course. I also had to stop outside Almondbury Church for the Palm Sunday pride. So pleased to stop as I saw Ro who is lovely and a little girl sat on  my bike . I also handed out some more bike info... .

No comments:

Post a Comment