Saturday 17 November 2018

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good:
The car is fantastic, it gives mums her sense of freedom back that was taken when she became paralysed. It allows us to go on daily trips out wherever and whenever we want. For that, she is grateful.

The bad:
Mum is putting on a brave face every day, she aims to get out daily but some days it is hard as she gets pains in her arms has started to get headaches.

The ugly:
Mum is fighting it with everything she has got, but it is giving her a good fight back. It is a cruel cancer that has taken so much away that it makes every day a challenge. Being paralysed from the neck down takes away dignity and freedom.

"I am so lucky, I could not do this without the support of my family. My mum now is up daily, taking care of the house and the girls and John are now doing personal support when needed which is a cruel tablet to take- but they are actually very good at it. I also enjoy my weekly art classes with my Dad and of course Jacks quick daily visits"

We went to Blaise castle today (Mum, Dad, Sophie, Jack and Sally) which has been the best trip yet- mum stayed in the chair over 2 hours, didn't feel too sick, enjoyed being out and didn't feel too self conscious of being in a wheelchair.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie!
    I think about you often and just want to say as I expect everyone else does how truly amazing you are.So Pleased to hear you still have some freedom in spite of everything.Get in that car and go girl!! Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julie
    Ikeep in touch by reading your blog but wish i could do more. The car sounds great , Caroline was so pleased to see you at Wyevale.
    love from Joan and Sid

    ReplyDelete