Sunday 6 January 2019

Still wanting to fight but I don't know why sometimes. Had a brilliant day shopping in Swindon in the week and managed to get Sophie a bag and purse and I got a nice watch. It was a good day with Sally, Sophie, mum and Katie and we saw Sarah up there as well. Had a good lunch out as well and really enjoyed being away for a good trip but it left me very tired.

Have had a new carer in the mornings who has been great and doesn't rush me but we are still trying to sort it out long term since she can only make one visit a day. We have had night care for a few nights who have helped out when I wake up and just need someone to reassure me. This is a real help for Sally, John and Mum so they be can be more awake during the day and I feel happier knowing that someone is awake and listening out for me.

The pain in the back has got worse over the last couple of days. I was meant to go out yesterday for a cream tea but it had to come to me. They have changed the drugs again so that will probably make me feel a bit drowsy for a bit until I get used to the increased level but hopefully it will sort the pain out. I am still going to keep trying to do things though and I am intending to go to mums for lunch today. But this pain has woken me up in the night and its worse than its been for a long time so will just have to see what this week brings.

My sight has changed (probably due to the tumour) and I'm finding it harder to read and see things but I have an eye test tomorrow (they are coming here) so hopefully I can get some new glasses to help.

The fight will continue, but nothing really prepares you for this and I find it really hard not being able to get out of bed on my own especially when people are swimming, running and cycling. But I still really want them to carry on doing it especially since I encouraged them to start doing it. Hoping to get out and support at some events they are doing.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you so much Julie, stay strong. Much love. Jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie without your brain tumour bike ride last year I'm not sure I'd have ever tried road cycling but I really wanted to support your event (and all your previous exploits inspired me) so I bought my bike and gave it a go. Thank you. A million times thank you. Because of you I found something I truly love and every time I get on my bike I think of you (over 3000 miles worth last year!) You continue to inspire me with your fight. Much love. Alex xx

    ReplyDelete