Thursday 24 January 2019

Still at the hospice

Well I am still here. The drugs have been altered a couple of times and the pain is getting better, but my shoulder still has niggles, and I have slept well for most nights. However its not perfect and I am tired today because I didn't sleep again last night. For a few days my eyesight was getting worse but that does seem to be getting better again. They would like to make sure things are still better for a few days so I will probably be going home again early next week.

The hospice has been great, the staff are all really helpful and I have had 3 showers since coming in
 (the first since October) and I get a good breakfast and 3 course meals for lunch and dinner. The dogs have both enjoyed visiting and getting lots of attention from the staff, but Bertie wasn't sure about the fox last night and tried to walk through the big glass window to chase it away.
Chat with Scott Murray and Joe Sims
Last week a couple of celebrities visited someone else at the hospice https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fan-battling-cancer-2450822 and we had a short chat with them on the way back from the coffee shop. I can get out of the bed and sit in a large chair which makes a change from the bed but I do tend to make a daily visit with visitors to the coffee shop as well for a tea and cake. On Monday they had a photographer taking photos for the hospice to use in their publicity. They took lots of photos of us relaxing in "The Sanctuary" and having tea and more cake, but I think Bertie was the star of those photos.

Tea and Cake after the photo shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you Julie , lots of love Lesley ( Marie curie ) Keep singing lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete