Sunday 3 September 2017

Cotwold sprint trilathlon

We left the house at 5.30 am, after an hours drive we were there, it is busy from there on. putting bikes on rakes , numbers being put on legs and  queuing for the toilet( moan , there is always a long queue for the toilet!!!!!!) Lucinda from the club goes first into the swim, followed by John, Gavin and Andrew, then Sally, then Phil.  Sally did a very good swim, then I go on the bike for 12 miles, windy, but I enjoy it ... It took me 45 min and I did feel a little burn in the top of my legs. I felt alive !!! Richard followed with a really good run. Everyone did really well.
We also really  appreciate the supporters that come up and it was great the hear Celia, Mum and Sophie cheering us on. It does make all the difference.  Mum took her flask and handed out a well earned cup of tea at the end to go with BLT s we had made the night before.
When you are at these sporting evens, it makes you feel so good, cancer is a million miles away!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Well done to you and all the family! So pleased to see you in action and enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete