Thursday 14 September 2017

Here we go again.

I have a story really
John and I went swimming on Wednesday,  we swam in the same lane and I allowed John to go faster than me, as I am not really that competitive !!!!. We had swam about 30 lengths and decided to do some float work, my float is on the side, but John get out to get his float. This is where it gets interesting, John faints and flops into the pool, I grab him and get him out of the pool (not sure how I did it) and shout for help and we end up in the medical room , who call an ambulance , so we have Adam a paramedic come, he was brilliant, he does load of tests, the leisure centre was fantastic , moving people around so Adam could check John over.
We end up going to Southmead Hospital where he is checked over, he ends up on the cardiac ward and gets a full MOT, nothing wrong, he just had a "normal" faint, the consultant  also had a good sense of humour and told John not to compete with his wife when swimming.!!!!  and  that most people in there lives will faint and they can make you feel funny for 30 min. However I did remind John  that when most people faint they do not end up trying to drown themselves !!!!!!,

2 comments:

  1. Just as well he was with you and you did not panic.I hope he is fine now and well done to you for coping so well when it happened.
    I miss not seeing you sometimes on Fridays in the shop,if you ever fancy meeting up for a coffee let me know .Jen HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work John. I hope you reminded him he's an old man 😂

    ReplyDelete