Thursday 16 March 2017

A story

When I was a child I went to a C of  E school, then in my youth I went to a Youth group at St Chads church, somewhere along the line I learnt this song.
Would you abide on the other side when someone called for aid
Would you abide o the other side or would you be afraid  ?
then it goes
Cross over the road my friend , ask the lord is strength to lend, his compassion has no end, cross over the road...
You may ask why I have written this, well I have been lucky enough with my illness that people have crossed over the road and when people say I have many friends and been well supported it is because people have crossed the road and not been afraid to talk to me which I appreciate.
Not sure why I am really sharing this, bit I think it is my way of saying thank you for everyone for not turning their back and not walking away !!!!

About today, woke up tired, so did not go into Bristol with dad, instead mum, dad and I went to Severn Beech with the dogs and it was great, felt like we were on holiday!! in the afternoon I went out  with Jane and Marilyn from work and that was brilliant fun, plenty of laugher.
This evening Mike and Lily popped in for a cup of tea and cake, great to see them, then my usual evening with Bertie and Sophie...

No comments:

Post a Comment