Friday 24 March 2017

Missing Ted and more

I will be honest my mood the last week as not been brilliant, to say I miss Ted is the understatement. Being ill I have spent so much time with him. You see I sit in a chair where the feet come up, with a blanket on, the TV is in the corner and Ted was always in front of it in his bed, Teds mobility was not good, so if he needed anything he would whine for help. I miss watching him sleep, picking him up to go outside, he may not have done much, but he was there, he always has been. Some of the tears I have shed are for Ted, but it has opened up the floodgates and  allowed me to just cry, which I think has been good for me.
Today has been good. Janet gave me a lift to the leisure centre to meet Cathy, it is great going there and seeing people. It was great telling Helen about doing the Brown sea Island swim which Chris has got me on,  I am very very excited about this.  It is 2 miles and I am only doing half of the island but it is something I wanted to do, but never thought possible, but with Chris help I should do it. The old Julie was going to register for the full Island swim, then gave up on the dream when the tumour arrived. Sorry for rambling but  I feel in a chatty mood.
Cathy and I had  a cup of tea before delivering more money to Brain Tumour Support . Then home for a sleep. In the afternoon a dog walk with mum, which was just what I needed...
Chemo now, which I am not looking forward too, my hair is coming out again and my eyebrow are thinning, but I am still smiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment