Monday 23 October 2017

Worst and Best year of my life.

I thought I would write this as  an extra blog.

First I never wanted this cancer, I really am not happy with it, and the year has been hard, first the radio therapy where I met some wonderful people, the 6 rounds of chemo which was  very hard.
Then you may say  how can it be the best, while I will tell you.
This year I gave up my job, although I enjoyed the people , the job was just ok. Before the cancer I was  very focused on sport, which probably did not give enough time to Sophie and John. So what has changed you may ask. I wihile her goes!!
first I have come closer to the people I care about , I do art with dad, which is such a privilege to say I do art with him. Mum is just there, a friend.  I  cycle with Phil and John . My John has joined the tri club, he has lost weigh and is pretty fit now. Sally has blossomed in to a triathlete and a well balanced person. She doing a full Iron man next year( 2.2mile swim, 100 miles Bike , 26 mile run I think) I want to make it to Sweden next year. My illness has stopped me molly coddling  Sophie and let her be the grown up young lady she is., she is also my taxi !!  . I also feel very lucky that Sally has Jack, who is like my son( he has been mistaken for my son and I do not correct people)
 I have a new weekly routine. Dog walking with Heather. and Emma  ,  weekly food Shopping with Mo and Art with dad. I spend time with mum  walking , she also takes me to many places. I still walk with Celia and Elaine and swim with Cathy and sometime Alison, It has made me realise swimming is my real passion, just  being in the water makes me feel good.. Simple pleasures I enjoy more like Sunday lunch at Mum with Phil and Sarah, watching birds in the garden, making cakes with Sophie and just being with Bertie my dog. I  have also discovered I am a stronger person than I though, who can make who own decisions and guide her own path...
We have done some amazing things and I never say no to anything ,I am listening to a ukele band on Thursday
I do wish with all my heart I did not have cancer and do find it hard not knowing if I will be around next year, but I am determined to give it a good go.

No comments:

Post a Comment