Tuesday 10 January 2017

Finding it hard to Talk about Cancer

Today has been great- Megan and bump came around for a tea and biscuits, it was great, Megan nagged at me to get the headaches sorted while I was working, and she always knew if I was having a bad day work, so seeing her is good.

Mo picked me up at 11 and we went to the museum today and it was ok. I loved history at school and |I had a brilliant History teacher called Miss Stace (I think) sorry off track again !!!
We then had a coffee at the museum and I took my  chemo tablets. Off to oncology and the usual suspects were there, more chatting. Mo and I also talked to a man that has always been there, but in the other waiting room, his wife was having treatment and he said if you do not mind me asking, what is your cancer, so I told him. For some reason in the hospital I can talk about the cancer, but outside when I am asked questions I find it very hard. I am dealing with it, but just some days I am happy to talk about it, but other days the word brain tumour brings tears to my eyes. The people that do not ask questions tend to get more out of me as I will slowly open up, however direct questions make me clam up and I do not know why!  I am taking a day at a time and John has the other appointments written down, I will ask when they are when I am ready!! I was explaining this to Sally so she told me to write my thoughts down.

Off to a parents thing at Sophie college tonight, lets hope the sickness behaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment