Monday 30 January 2017

Penny Bohn with Mum

Today mum and I went to Penny Brohn, a fantastic place that deals with the mind, body and soul.
But before I tell you about the morning I will tell you about the journey there. It is mean't to take 19 min, while it took 1 hour, we got lost. I have no sense of direction and mum said she knew where she was going, it said take the second turning off the motorway, we took 4 th then 5th but not second, then we ask directions and amazingly we get there.
The morning starts with a herbal tea, then we go into a lovely room and have a chat by a doctor on what the centre provides, then after that a armchair keep fit class, which was very good fun. All you needed to know was your left and right. I do not know my left from my right, neither  did the lady next to me which caused a lot of laughter and we did laugh. Relaxation followed and that was brilliant. This was followed by acupuncture, again very good, I  think I fell asleep. Then a chat with the chemo nurse. Mum and I stayed for lunch which was very tasty. The morning was brilliant and I was glad I went with mum as it made it fun. I know the place is all about relaxation and it did that for both of us, but it also made me feel good.  Just to let you know we didn't get lost on the way home, we went to Bristol instead of the M5 , but this time  we knew we had gone wrong so all we had to do was turn around ..... We got home in the end !!!!
When I got home Judith popped in with Slinky for a play, then in the evening I went walking, an extra lap tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment