Tuesday 17 January 2017

The laughing room

Julie and Lisa came round for a catch up this morning which was great.  Off to oncology with  Sally. We do a small amount of shopping before the appointment, buying a bird feeder and food, not the best thing to buy as heavy and big.  We get to my radio appointment and due to a power cut we see a 30 min delay and from experience we know it could be longer, but we are not worried, we just head around the corner to the small waiting room and the usual suspects are there. I think when you are in a rubbish situation it can make humour come out and it did today. There is not a subject you do  not talk about and we laugh at anything and that is what we did today. Some  one who heard us came and said how nice it was to hear us all laughing !!  We  were quite loud. You find yourself telling stories that you would only share with close friends as they would only see the funny side , but today we saw the funny side in everything, even the gown the men wear for Prostate cancer, they look great with stripy  socks!!!   I did have my appointment about 50 min late and we were the last  of the crowd to leave and the wait was ok. The treatment was quick and the music good.
Back home still feeling ropey as the other sickness tablets make my head feel dizzy and I do not like that feeling.  I  will see if things can we changed tom. Sophie cooked a fantastic homemade pie and is pampering me now.

 I must say this treatment is not for the faint hearted . I am now sat in Sophie's bed feeling sick and slightly dizzy, it is rubbish. It feels like I am  walking a Marathon which I have done and I am on the last 5 miles , struggling but determined to get there with the help from my friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment