Sunday 8 January 2017

Make each day count

I am determined to do something worthwhile every day so hence this title. I will also put my bucket list up soon, but I  am not sure what it is. I know I want to walk the 26 miles in Edinburgh and compete in the tri - on my application form where there was medical conditions I put fighting cancer and would have done the full one if in full health ... Thinking they dare say no to that!!.  Jack entered with Mum today in the relay. Mum doing the swim and Jack doing the bike and run. Sophie is also now getting into running, due to being part of the team.
While onto today. I woke up feeling good, so we head off to Blaise Castle to walk Bertie, I had already arranged to meet with Phil, Sarah, mum and Dad. The walk was lovely and Bertie was brave fetching his ball from the stream.
.
But cancer does not leave you, I had to take the chemo tablets while out walking and afterwards I had said to everyone we would stop for coffee and chips, we all did but I could not eat the chip as I have to leave it an hour after I have taken my tablets to eat, they did smell good!! Also when I say I have coffee I don't, can not stand the taste of it, but diet coke and cake does not sound so good and I have got used to writing coffee. I do like tea.
Back home for lunch of poached eggs and I am very hungry. I then bake some cakes, while flap Jacks, I though I put some anti dairy butter in, Wrong!! I cook them, eat them ,end up sneezing a lot, phoning up the cancer helpline to see if I can take some anti allergy stuff, they say yes and it works.!!
The rest of the day is spent pottering .

If you want to know what lifts my spirits is e mails of encouragement from the people around me, it makes me fight harder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment