Monday 23 January 2017

Last review and homeless girl

I finish this round of treatment tomorrow. I will not miss the sickness , it had got better, but tonight it is rubbish.
More on today,
Usual  dog walk with Judith and Heather. Then off to the hospital.   I went in with cupcakes for everyone including  some of the patients that I sit with.  Everyone has been amazing, from the receptionist to the radiographers. John came into day as he has come into every review, John has been amazing though out my illness, without him I am not sure how I would have coped. My usual appointment went well and so did the review, I did ask about swimming and that is a no no for at least a month, outdoor swimming  is a  no for the summer as risk of infection.  But I will still pop to the leisure centre for a coffee with Cathy and when they go to the lake I can go for coffee there too.....  On the whole I have coped with the treatment well, so that is good. Today I also met a lady my age with my cancer at the start of her treatment . I felt empowered  as I told her about hair loss, showed her my bald patch after she asked to see it  and how I handled it, we also said how  rubbish the cancer was but we will both make the most of what we have left...
My homeless girl was there today, I gave her some food and we chatted, I told her I had seen her asleep on the stairway and she said she had not been to well. John even talks to her now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment