Friday 13 January 2017

Walking and Dad came too.

The one thing about meeting someone to walk, is that if you have said you are walking you walk however bad or groggy I feel, this was no exception this morning, if I was not meeting Heather and Poppy the temptation to stay in might have won and I only say might.  We had a brilliant walk the only slippery place was walking out the front door, Judith and Slinky were also in the park, so that was an added bonus.  Although still feeling sicker then ever the walk really does uplift my mood...
Dad and Mum picked me up and we went for another coffee before treatment.   At the hospital dad and I went down to radiology while mum waited for Sophie. She had finished College early. We were early, but that was good as I had to have bloods taken. I have got so uses to this now, it does not bother me.  Dad came into the treatment room and to my surprise, so did Sophie. I am so proud of her and that is an understatement.  I had x rays today as well as treatment, it went quickly as the music was very good.
There was one moment in the hospital today that will stay with me forever, this lady who I have got to know stopped on her way past(last Treatment) and said to her friend I just have to say goodbye. She have me the tightest and most meaningful  hug I have ever had. Who needs words... She also has a rubbish cancer like me.
Back home I sleep for a bit. I also bake some cakes to take to oncology on Monday, as I felt like baking.
I spend the evening in Sophie's bed watching  TV and watching Sophie tidy her room...

No comments:

Post a Comment