Monday 2 January 2017

Sailing Club Galley today, then walking

John was sailing on a different boat today and I was doing galley. We arrived at the club with the soup made, Sue had also bought in pies, the question was how many do we put in the oven?. I did not have a clue and I should know what I am doing!!. Joan counted the boats and 30 went in.   While they were cooking Jack and Brenda came up, so did Alicia  , Tom's girlfriend and I spent plenty of time chatting while Joan and Sophie walked Bertie.
Mark a friend of ours who is only a tiny bit younger than me, a few days younger to be more precise but   I am sure he looks older!!! ha ha. He phoned his wife Tina  who was at the mail with their 18 year son buying and Apple watch to say I was there and they came to the club on their way home.
 To say it was good to see Tina  was an understatement, I see Mark all the time at the club. We have been friends scene I met John at 19..Mark first then he was very lucky to meet Tina.   The club house  was busy and more friends came down and we were one of the last to leave again....
  Forgot to say head is less sore, but I am wearing the full scarf when I am out but at home now Sophie has got used to seeing the bold patch, though she does getting annoyed when I play with hair and it comes out !!!
I had a sleep when I got home. Bertie really cuddled up to me then Sophie and I spent an hour or so sorting her bedroom out.
Walking was as good as ever,  4 miles tonight. It was icy, so had to go careful under foot. I also felt queasy for some of it and to keep going when I feel queasy is a mind over matter game.  Back home writing the blog and I still feel sick ( I am never sick and it reminds me of morning sickness, I had it with both girls)
Hospital tomorrow, mum and Sophie are taking me and we are going to buy Sophie a pair of trainers from the running shop near the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment