Sunday 1 January 2017

New Year Day

Thank you Denise, hope you like the models
First New Year Eve was brilliant, a lovely meal of lamb cooked by mum and a game of cards afterwards, we play a game  which I am not sure of the name. You have 2 pack of cards, each player has 10 cards each, then on  the first game you have to get 4 of a kind, second a game  4of a a run, then 5  of the above, then it gets interesting with 4 of kind and a run, then the final games is 8 of a run, we all paly with good humor and there is a lot of banter, do not sit behind Celia , John or Phil, say no more.  They call me the nanny Wilmott giving cards away, but I have tactics.  Grampy  Reg was the worse for tactics
I do love cards and played whist every week when I was 14 with Mum, nanny Joyce and Aunty Joan I only stopped when I discovered  pubs and boys !!
Back to New year, we celebrated with Champagne and Old Lang Sign. know the words very well as they have meaning for me, as I never forget the family that we have lost !!

On to today, not much at all really. I spent the day tidying up and being boring. O I did make some soup for tomorrow for the galley at the sailing club and Sophie has decided I need the full cover up on my head, luckily for me  Denise Mums cousin sent me a present of 2 head scarfs for when I lose my hair, so I have worn them today, they are great, so this is my new look.  The only thing I am not sure of is that they say cancer, but I have cancer  and I d not want a wig. ugg.
This evening I will do even less, but I am feeling better for doing nothing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment