Saturday 31 December 2016

New Years eve

This is  the time you reflect on the past year. It has been an interesting year. Good in so many ways. Sally got her grades to train as a primary school teacher and moved in a lovely flat, Sophie got on Project  Search( a course that helps people with disabilities get a job) and passed her driving test. John has done well sailing his Aero dingy and me, while  I done  a 20 mile walk for breast cancer at Polsten Lacy, completed  the Bantham Swoosh, a 4 mile swim and done a sprint triathlon. Work had it ups and downs as activities in the nursing home, but turned out alright in the end !!  The end of the year as been a bit of a bomb shell to say the least, from just thinking it was a migraine to being told they think it something else that I can not remember what!, to Brain tumor, to aggressive horrible tumor that will end your life and that you will need chemo and radio that will make you head sore and you will feel sick. Hay ho, life has a plan and this is mine so button up and get on with it, make the most of what id left!!  I am lucky I have John, the girls and brilliant family and friends.

Getting on to today, I did not want to walk, but John near enough pushed me out of bed and yes I got on with it. Am I  glad a did 4 miles power walking  speed over the Suspension Bridge and into Aston Court, loved the walk, Celia and I slowed down on the way back , she reminded me I should slow down, so I did!!   I took Bert today and he finally doing  good heel work.  Cup of tea at the end of the walk, had to skip the biscuit because of the chemo tablets. Back home and a quick change and off out to lunch. Farmers Table at Tortworth, very nice, Sophie took me to meet Janine, someone that helped me when Clare died with Southall my  horse. (My sister Clare died in a riding accident 25 years ago) we became friends but lost touch and before my  cancer (put illness to start with, but lets say it as it is) mum met her at a party and we have been trying  to meet up ever scene.   2 cups of coffee later and food we were still there.
When I got home I spend the afternoon on the Sofa with Bertie watching 60 min make over and fell asleep, it was that good !!  I also felt very sick, always do when I am tired. This treatment is not for the faint hearted.

Off to mum and dads this evening for Roast lamb.
 Happy New year.

No comments:

Post a Comment