Saturday 10 December 2016

Walking and Laying Up Supper

After a unsettled night sleep for some reason, when people say the chemo  and radio will go quickly, I don't want time to go quickly as I am still coming to terms the  prognosis of this horrible cancer.  

Enough of self pity. This morning I walked on the Down with Celia, mum, Elaine and Bertie. Elaine and I done 3 miles and we took 14.26 min to do a mile, which I was pleased with. I had to remember to take my anti sickness tablet so Celia set an alarm on her phone. After 3 miles Elaine and I slowed our pace and gave Bertie a dog walk. But at  10.05 I have to take my chemo tablets, so her I am on the Downs taking them. After 1/2 of taking them I  felt a little sick and light headed, but  if that is all I get, that is fine.We managed  to finish the walk the same time as mum and Celia and had our usual cup of tea in the car, mum brings a flask and we have a biscuit or cake, but I cut the cake up this but forgot to bring it!!.  It was my first Downs walk scene  all the headaches started, so was good to be back for banter and walk .
It was also Bertie's first time and he was very good, doing perfect heal work, well done Sophie for training him every week. Was very proud of Sophie as she went Dog Training on her own for the first time....

Back  home for lunch and Sailing Club prep. Off out now to cook a meal for 40 with the social team.
Will finish the blog and put photos up in the morning..
Games after the laying up supper

The team that helped cook and serve the meal

No comments:

Post a Comment