Tuesday 13 December 2016

Radio Photo Shoot

My treatment was not till 1.20 today, so had a morning of housework. Elaine came to pick me up at 11, early I know. We got down there and the car park said full , but we tried it anyway and got a space. Time for anti sickness tablet and of  we go for a coffee. We ended up in Browns, sat to the bar with Elaine having a coffee and I had a diet coke, this is meant to be good for sickness. My sickness has improved as the tablets have been changed and I am feel pretty good on them. at 12.20  while in Browns I take the chemo tablets. I know then that for a while after taking them I do not feel so good, if  this is going to be the routine then fine....
We arrive at oncology early and realise they are running a little late, but that is fine. The receptionist gives me a envelope with a crochet pattern in which another patient had left for, then she gave me a couple more as she was a keen at crocheting, so tomorrow I will go in with crochet to show her.
We also meet Rosemary, the lady I was next in the next bed to at Southmead, just has she was leaving, so a quick hug and she was on her way.
I asked if Elaine could come and look at the treatment and they said yes, they were brilliant and explained everything to her. When they had screwed me into place they took some photos which Sally has put on the blog. Believe me the whole thing is comfortable , although it may not look like it.
We arrive home and I do feel tired, but Sally is home and it is great to see her. A quick visit across the road to Janet . It was also great to Irene from next door, can not beat good neighbours!!
Celia also popped in with a fur headband, which I will wear with pride.  I am food shopping later as I have run out of bread, normal life does go on, although life feel anything but normal...

People say I am brave, but I am not , but I am the following: stubborn, determined,  feisty and  pig headed that when this cancer beats me, it will not be without a very good fight. But I hope the fight will last a while as I am ready..


No comments:

Post a Comment