Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Day

Well I was determined to enjoy this one as there is a chance it may be my last if the treatment fails to work. Sally has made me a bucket list plaque to go in the kitchen.

Back to Christmas it was lovely. The day started with opening presents, we always do each other stocking and I was very lucky with presents, one being a laptop of my own which I am now using.
I also got clothes and smellys.  I was  also very lucky to get a beginners kit of art and a velodrome   bike riding experience, both on my bucket list. I would not call myself materialist, simple things please me  but I loved my presents. After opening presents Sally, Phil and I went for a short  4 mile bike ride. I  love being out in the open. I'm also managed to cycle to the top of Over Lane. (very pleased with that as it is a hard hill). I also feel good till I take the chemo tablets, so I make the most of it..
We were at mum and dads for lunch, all 14 of us, it was great, lovely food followed by a quiz from
Phil, then a little more food and planning of tomorrow's  boxing day walk.  We stayed at mums till nearly 9 o'clock and I was very tired, Sally also has the end of a cold and was beginning to look tired. The one thing I am learning about taking chemo is that I have to accept I will have waves of feeling sick and to eat little but often, diet coke  also helps to keep the sickness at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment