Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Eve


Poppy the Puppy
Celia picked me up to go walking  this morning and we walked 3 miles around Aztec, good pace, average 14.01 per mile. Pleased with that especially as there was the odd wave of sickness
( learning to live with it now) by the end of the walk I felt ok, so arrived home and seeing
I was feeling good, popped on a bike and cycled to Elaine's for a cup of tea. I got home in time to take the anti sickness and chemo tablets. Then believe it not forgot the time and was a little late for the tablets!!
Sally and Jack arrived home for  bacon butties at the same time Katie her friend popped in, so a full house. A visit from Poppy, her and Bertie now get on, they do make to laugh when they are together.
Mum, Dad, Sarah and Phil  were coming for food later, so we prepared some stuffed mushroom, to go with Quiche , salad and home made crumble. I love cooking ,especially baking. I try not to bake before and after tablets as I  can not  eat. Then Jack and I  were let loose up the mall, I  found a bright pink wig the other day and Jack treated me to it, we also bought Jacks dad presents and looked in an art gallery. I like art too, I impress Jack with my knowledge of one of the artists, the only one I know as we have a painting of his . We also went in Marks and pushed the boat out with some half price champagne.
Back  home we finish preparing tea and everyone arrives, we drink the champagne and eat the food. then we go over the road and look at the light in Cope park, they do a brilliant display every year for charity, St Peters Hospice.
Back home everyone plays the card game  Kings. Due to feeling a little sick, I sit this one out.
I will leave the blog now as I am great believer in Father Christmas and the magic it brings, so I hope stockings will be filled and mince pies are ate, we must also remember to leave him a pint!

Mum has just reminded that I was so scared of Father Christmas  I made him leave the present down stairs.  The tradition is still going with the presents left down stairs....

Happy Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment