Saturday 17 December 2016

Walking and Meeting Friends

Cycled to Elaine's this morning so we could go to walk, also I wanted to show David her husband my bike... We had a brilliant walk, plenty of chatting and putting the world  to rights.  When we got back to the house we had a lovely cup of tea, David came back from his walk with Rosie and I showed off my bike, he moaned the tyres were low  and I told him to pump them up if he wanted too ( He did)and then usual insults followed(someone thought we were bother and sister once because there was so much banter, we were at one of the children's parties. Both Sally and Robert are the same age and Sophie and Andrew are the same age) Anyway back to the blog, it felt great to have the banter, without realising it  people that normally banter with you suddenly are nice and that came out in counselling , that I miss that!!. David also rode the bike, but I am not sure what gear he rides in as when I got on the bike I really had to change gears.
I was meeting Maria and Sylvia at the garden centre at 11, so a
Girls from College. You have made my week!
quick change and off I go. to my surprise Julie , Chris , Lindsay, Sarah and Gilly also turn up, it was brilliant and we had so much to catch up on. We were all Support Workers at Ashley Down College , supporting teenagers and adults with learning difficulties, only Sarah and Lindsay remain, I had a brilliant time there . I worked with some inspiration tutors in many classes and some students that I will  never forget.  I took voluntary as the college was changing. Any way there was plenty of laugher and catching up on what everyone was doing. I can't help but miss the Place, but I do not miss the drive there... Then the reality is back as I have to take anti sickness tablet and the chemo tablets that make me fell groggy for a bit. The sickness is getting so much better, or I am getting used to it !!!
It is just Sophie and I , so we have lunch, then go and do some shopping .
This evening will be spent watching the strictly final and a bit of pampering. Sally has a cold and she has stayed in Cardiff , but John took nurse Bertie over for company, can not beat a dog for TLC.
Being Honest
Just to say evening are the worse when I am tired and sat on my own , it does  give me time to think and yes it does make me want to cry,  I  am not even sure what  I want to cry about!!




No comments:

Post a Comment