Friday 16 December 2016

Counciling and Radio

Today I had counselling  with John, Hammer Out have provided it and it was excellent. As a couple we needed to talk to someone about the past few weeks and how I feel about it all and also the effect it has John and the girls. I hour went very quickly and I have booked in again to go with Sally.
We got into town early and went for a coffee, then headed towards Radiology. The receptionist now knows my name  and we chatted about crochet. When we sat  down she brought a toy that had been crocheted for me to see, which led to a friendly conversation with everyone else, most people have been there everyday, so faces are familiar. I went in on time and John was brave enough to have a look(John does not really do hospital) but I was impressed with him, not that I could see him because when they put mask on as I close my eyes . Treatment is over quickly and I now know when it is coming to an end.  We chat on the way out, talking about the blog. I also hand over the link to the blog, explaining I am no writer and grammar is not always good, but is  my thoughts and I want people to know about the cancer and the treatment and that it is not bad at all. I dreaded my first treatment, but it is nowhere near as bad as you think !!  Quite relaxing really.
I also have bloods taken, which is not my favourite thing. I can not look at the needle. This checks that the chemo is not effecting my blood count.
Back home quiet time and I cook tea. Julie comes for tea and we have a great chat. She asks how the head feels, the only way I could describe it , is that one half feels normal , the other side where I had the operation feels odd and sometimes a little tender.me, no comments please. I am also feeling not so sick today, which is great.

Can I say to everyone that has been emailing me about their lives, please continue as it is great, talking on the phone is hard, but e mail is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment