Wednesday 7 December 2016

Swimming and Hospital

Well as it turns out I went for my last swim today, while for at least 6 weeks with Cathy. The swim was lovely as I felt my stoke had got stronger and my love of chatting meant Cathy had already done 34 lengths  before I got in. I blame Katie, Sally's friend who was coming out as I was getting changed!!
Elaine came in before work for a quick coffee, then I popped over to my neighbours for a chat.
In the afternoon we went to the hospital, parking was a pain as John tried various car parks that were full, but we got there in the end. We still had time for a drink before the appointment, I used the time to look at the hats and wigs, but I want to wear a hat, it was also lovely chat to someone about cancer.
So I am taking tablets every day, also an anti sickness and anti bio tics in the evening 3 days a week.
I will say I am glad John and Sally was there, they also discussed side effects and talked about  how I will. They also said food will taste like metal or cardboard.







I was pampered.  Sophie done my hair, Sally put on my make up and a dress put on with my high heels, I was ready. Sarah came to pick me up and off we go to the Aztec Hotel, but we got the place wrong it was the Hilton at Aztec, we did have a laugh and Jane will laugh even more as we were texting her, A little hesitation before going in, but seeing everyone  was great, it was also wonderful to see Jane as she has been unable to see me due to flu. I also got to see many of the girls from the ground floor that I have not spoken to, At work they all knew I was there, as activities your job was to cheer the place  up and I tried  to that !  The meal was good and I had a good bogie . I danced to some rock and roll with Jean, Jane  also got us up to dance. Lee even danced to one song !The twist was most popular, being a 60 's girl I was up there laughing and joking. it also made me tired , so I slept well. Forgot to say they was a cuddly toy to be won on the table. They decided to give it to me to go to oncology with and I will take him, The reindeer will go in my bag..




No comments:

Post a Comment