Friday 9 December 2016

Radio and Bike ride .

Well I did have a moment last night of feeling sorry for myself, asking why me?  I also felt very tearful  so took myself of to bed to be miserable, but I  feel asleep in the process. I also had a restless night, dreaming, not nice.
Another day. Mums turn to take me into have my Radiotherapy. We arrived early and I bought mum a cup of coffee in the café at the oncology centre, but while we were there Lisa and her mother arrived, the person we chatted to yesterday. They told us to go on up as sometimes you can get in early , so we went with them to the radiotherapy place. After 2 visits it already feels familiar. It was great to chat to Lisa mum, it was also good for mum to chat to other people as she is good at finding out things!!!  I was called in on time and I would like to say it is awful, but it is not, it is quite relaxing really and the people are great, the music they played was good too. The mask is actually  comfortable and all you need to do when the treatment is on is close your eyes or as Lisa says count numbers, it all works.
Determined to be positive mum  and I went to ASDA  to buy a French stick , that is what we told the girls, but we got side tracked and went to Mataland , last of the big spenders....
So I did go on my bike after lunch and it felt so good, we went down fern hill, Sally is so slow going down hills, she told me to go slow, but having bike coaching from Ben at the tri club I like to let the bike go, so I did. I had to wait for her at the end of the hill. we cycled to the  church where we meeting mum , Sophie and Bertie. We had hoped to looked the trees, but it had finished yesterday! So I had to cycle home, the hill is steep so I was lazy and walked up, Sally cycled. I did cycle from the top home. To say it made me feel good was an understatement , I am back to being Julie for a short while, not Julie the person who has cancer.

Just to say I normally avoid having my picture taken, but ha ho I think it makes the  blog more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment