Friday 30 December 2016

I slept the night and review

I actually had a full night sleep and it was great. John  had taken Sally to the airport for 6.30  and I slept though them getting up, my head is sore just touching the pillow.
I did not a lot before going to hospital this morning, appointment 1pm, plus review and bloods.
We had a coffee and I took my chemo tablets before we went to the radio  appointment. The appointment was early and they are so lovely there, they knew I have been struggling a bit lately.
Then I had my review with Nurse and I told her I was finding it all hard and I was trying to be brave, after a cry and a chat, with her telling me it is normal to feel the way I do half way though. She also said that while the hair is coming out my head would be sorer and that should die down. We also talked about the fact it is a terminal illness and I am finding hard that in years to come I will not be around for the girls, life sucks!!! John also mentioned to her that I was over doing thing(he is nothing but honest!!) and that is when the tears appear. John has also been amazing , not to much pampering, but enough to look after me .( he has never really pampered me, so if he started now it would be weird). I always get weighed and we check on tablets , the appointment has done me a world of good. Bloods next , due to the nurse being sick we head towards the chemo floor and a lovely nurse takes them, then home.
Sophie has been out to lunch with Celia  and they arrive home5 mins after we do. Celia stops for a chat and I show her my bald patch, I ask her if she is brave enough to see it.  We chatted about the review with John adding in his bits, all this makes me feel better.
Julie also phones which cheers me up a lot too, we can laugh about anything !!. An outing to hobby craft for a crochet hook then back home to blog.

The picture tonight is the parcel that John brother sent to cheer me up. he lives in Sweden with his wife Annette and my nephews James and Marks and Step nephew Robin and Step niece Andrea, we do not see them that much, but they have been very supportive over my illness which I really appreciate.

Jeremy also has a Birthday tomorrow, so Happy Birthday, I hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment