Thursday 8 December 2016

First Chemo and Radio











Woke up feeling, this is it, treatment starts and reality that I am cancer patient, see I have said that horrible word  cancer. Elaine popped into walk Bertie, she was walking with Emma and one of her dogs and I can not remember the name! Elaine also has lovely rescue collie called Rosie.
Well, actually it was alright. Last night there was a toy up for grabs and the person who won it. kindly gave it to me for good luck so the Reindeer came in the treatment room . I took the chemo tablets an hour before, going along in the car. When we got there we chatted to other patients that were going through the same treatment that help, then I  got called in quickly. They were lovely and I did not feel nervous, they did some x ray first then the treatment and the 5 min went quickly.  I have in my hand my mask, it feels very soft on your face although it look rigid. It is screwed to the table and is a tight fit, but that is ok too. Only another 29 sessions to go.
I must say I did feel tired afterwards, whether it was the late night or the fact that I had built this session up into something I was dreading, or the anti sickness tablets that I know make you sleepy. So I did have a sleep for 1/2 hour. Emma came round at 2.30 which was great, we just chat about everything.  Celia came in for a catch up on the way home from work.My evening will be very exciting as I am off to ALDI buying food for the laying up supper.....

No comments:

Post a Comment