Friday 2 December 2016

I did swim

I did go swimming this morning and I swam 34 lengths with Cathy in the fast lane until , wait for my rant,  a women and a man she was trying to impress  came in, she made a point of looking the part and clearly wanted a lane to herself and was not that friendly, she could swim but he was not so good , our other friend from swimming touched his toes to overtake him a couple of times. If people can clearly swim faster than us , like some of the regulars that are brilliant swimmer moving over is not a problem, but people like her make me determined to touch her toes!!!!!!!!
Rant over and I think this has done me good ....   The swim made me feel brilliant chatting to other regulars just made me feel normal again, while as normal as I will ever get!!!
We all went for coffee  and Megan met me and we went shopping around Thornbury, which was very good, I went into the cake decorating shop, I go in there time to time, the lady is lovely, while she has made Christmas cake squares for Hammer Out, I found myself telling that I had had a brain tumour removed and that I was starting treatment next week, why I do not know, the whole thing made me feel quite emotional, I think things are hitting home a bit, John has sent me a link to a cancer support group and that hit home too. I have cancer and it is horrible, you can not see it or would know I was ill, but I have it and I am going to have to fight it with every breath I have.....
The afternoon was good going over to see where Julie lives and give her  Birthday present, we went to the pub for  a drink and shared chips.
After such a busy day the evening will be spent making decorations for the sailing club event.
Sally and Sophie have gone to dog training, first one I have not been to! We want Sophie to go on here own and Shelia one of the dog trainers has been brilliant  with helping  us, encouraging Sophie to go on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment