Monday 19 December 2016

What a day !!

I wake up feeling tired, so I should have know, I think I may have over done things at the weekend, but I always learn the hard way.
Mum picked me up at  10.45 to get to the car park in time  to take the anti sickness tablet. The parking has been better.  The usual routine follows as mum and I look for a coffee shop so we can sit down and I can take my chemo tablets, we have now found a great one by Sainsbury's. Well we go in and I get mum a coffee and I have a water ready for my tablets that I had packed(doing the tablets myself now) John however still writes the times out for me. I open the tablets to find out that I have packed 2 100g tablets instead of a 20g, I do have the 5 g. I am not happy as I want to be miss efficient not scatter brain. When I realise this we go to the hospital earlier than normal to let them know and in the long scheme of things it is not a problem. I have my review today so I am not sure what I have first, but I am called in for the radio treatment first and I  listen to their Christmas tape today, I am  now finding it very relaxing.!!! Once over we have to wait for review and we do have a little wait. The review is good and  the nurse is great, we check weight, talk about sickness and tablets, we also talk about hair falling out, I thought I would be ok about this, but now the hair is beginning to thin, I might find it a little hard at first. We also talked a tiredness and how  hard I am finding the afternoons after the treatment, so she suggested an afternoon nap, advice I will take...   We arrive home later than planned, Jane was coming around at 2.30, but I postponed her till 3, I arrive home at 3.15. I really wanted to see Jane as she is brilliant, Jane is one of the managers at work and she has supported me so much and because she has been ill with a bug she has not come round, While we had a great chat and It is her birthday tomorrow, so I will pop in again... Sophie and I also made cupcakes which I had pre weigh in the morning.
Celia picked me up to walk, only 2 miles tonight as feeling a tad queasy at times and I am also tired, which make everything worse.

Things that made me smile today... A letter from Rob and Lisa with a Costa voucher in it, so thank you...  Walking with the girls as they  make me laugh. Also a good chat on the phone with Julie !!

No comments:

Post a Comment