Tuesday 24 January 2017

Last Day

My last day of my radio therapy. This has been a positive experience, some may ask why. The reason being is that not only have I seen the NHS at it best, but I have met the most amazing people that have somehow helped me in a weird way come to terms with the tumour and it horrible diagnosis , it has also given me the courage to fight and think positive.
Back to my day, my appointment is at 1.15, but Sally and I get there early to be greeted by Sandra and John, they waited to say goodbye, but is not goodbye as we will see them again!!.  They say I have inspired them , but little do they realise they have inspired me too, not only in there friendliness , but the way they allowed me to talk and be open and the way they opened up to me made it all so easy..
There is also another couple who sit with us and I can not remember their name, but I will miss them too and the way he was so open about his cancer. They also made us laugh  lot..
Being a hugger, I did hug the staff and I think today I hugged anyone that would have a hug.. So yes today was positive.
The homeless girls was not there today, but I will always remember her and think how lucky I am !!
Back home I do not do a lot as I feel sick, even on 2  sickness tablets a day.. The side effect to these are that they make me bloated. !!!!
The evening is spent being pampered by the girls.

1 comment:

  1. Last day blues !! Group hugs all round as we wish Julie every ounce of luck over the coming months. We will miss you but in the knowledge that you will fight all the way. xx

    ReplyDelete