Monday 9 January 2017

Review and homless girl called Jo

The day starts with walking Bertie, we meet Judith and Slinky which is great, it always starts the day off well. John came to the   hospital. today.
The review went well, my bloods are still good and I have only put on 3 pounds scene the treatment has began, but I am 1/2 stone heavier than I was before the illness, not much you might not say, but pride is at stack here. Cancer takes away enough, the one thing I want to keep is being able to fit into my favorite Jeans !!  The nurse is great and we chat about many things, all I intend to sort out. The treatment follows and the 80's music is good while I have it, the team on F machine are great!!
On the way back to the car we pass the homeless Girl and I give her some food, she asks my name and I tell her, her name is Jo and I ask where she has been, she has been ill. she comments on my headband and I tell her I have cancer and that it covers my bald patches, she then says she talks to another person with a brain tumor, who has a 10 year old daughter. The conversation humbles me a bit as I am not the only one fighting this cancer and on another level it makes me reflect that if there is any way I can help this girl I will, the chances are I will not , but she is in my thoughts.
We arrive home and the phone is flashing , Shirley has phoned on Sunday (Did not notice) and I phone her back, it was great to speak to her and  I am phoning her  again next week.
Off walking later with the Walkie Talkies, Sophie will pick after 3 miles as evening walking is hard....But  well worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment